• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dilema

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tungureanu

(Russian) Member
I have a problem.I bought the antec k920 + AP31 fans to cool my OC'd 8150.now that summer is comming i'm gonna need more cooling power.I have the oportunity to buy a used h50 for 40$ and i was thinking about adding the rad to the k920 (i have seen others adding to their h50 another h50 rad and it worked).
I wanna do this because i don't have space for 120.2 rad in my case(CM USP100) and i don't have the money to buy a new Alphacool 120 kit+ extra rad. how much could my temps go down with the extra rad, 6-7C?
If i add the rad what should i use to fill the loop with?

my ideea of mounting in pic

EDIT: Forgot to say that on the h50 rad i whould use 2xNF-P12's push-pull END EDIT:

Attachments

• usp100_side.jpg
    usp100_side.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
The H50 isn't very "workable", that is, the fittings and tubing don't lend themselves to easy modification. You would be better off buying a water block, pump and res + fittings and tubing and go all in on a custom loop. You'll wind up buying much of that list if you decide to mod the H50 anyway.

i was thinking in terms of what this guy did. only thing he had to purchase aside from extra h50 was some tubes.

+ i don't have the money to buy a new Alphacool 120 kit+ extra rad or any kind of custom WC kits for that matter

In 2009 the choices for AIO's were limited. Nice project log he posted.

If you have the skill, time, experience, and a few bucks to throw at it, please post pics of your project. The H50 pump is an earlier model (I had one), maybe can handle the extra fluid flow but I'd think at the end of the day you'd spend a few more bucks and wind up with a more reliable set-up with less hassle going custom, IMHO.

It's your project. Cheers either way !! :cool:

I'm gonna do it. You know what they say "homegrown is always the bomb".
I have around 50$.
40$ for the h50 and 10$ for tubes and beer(for filling myself) + tissues (for crying).

Will post when ready. :burn:

If anyone has any other thoughts on this please feel free to tell me.

It can't hurt to try it out, as for filling the system use distilled water killcoil. I would flush the system before you refill it though.

No, please don't use plain distilled. Most units like those have aluminum rads and copper blocks, so unless you know the rad is copper, you'll need an anti-corrosive as well.

I feel like it's update time. I couldn't get the h50 and setled for a CoolIT ECO ALC for 35$ +15$ Meghalem X1 juice +5$ 10/8 tube. I will get to the actual modding the day after tomorrow and will post pics for those of you who want to do it. Fingers crossed....:-/

PS: had to put the full custom WC ideea on hold........not enough $$$$$$

correction on post no.8 i have some Mayhems X1 clear ready to use mix. it says corrosion and scale inhibitor. + new task i got a dog today and he has more energy than i do. so the mod session will be short and far between. BUT I NEED TO DO IT. Warm wheater is comming.

PS: here's the dog and the materials

For the documentation should i make a new thread or just use this one?

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    592.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Back