• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ouch! Hot wires!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
If you are having a meltdown don't be stupid and snatch the wires out! Just cut the power! When the power is gone cooling begins instantly but when you try to snatch them out they may be getting hotter!

Hot wire two.JPG

Hot wire one.JPG

Now I am an expert at this as well!

Expert: Anyone who has screwed up everything they possibly can and learned from it!

This was a very painful lesson.

There are plenty of hot spots on the back of my hand as well but they are just red and not oozing.

Looks like the time my brother learned to not pull the tray out the toaster with his bare hands :)

Looks like the time my brother learned to not pull the tray out the toaster with his bare hands :)

All I could see was a ruined TV, PC, receiver and potential fire! Never thought about just killing the power.

I have snatched hot pans out of the toaster oven before as well. Saw my food starting to burn and lost all common sense!

Back