• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The NB would not run at 2600Mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Infoto

Registered
Hi guys :)
Today I noticed that my NB runs at 2400Mhz (it was running at 2600Mhz before), so I got inside BIOS and changed it back to 2600Mhz and the pc just did not boot.I played with the voltages of NB and CPU-NB but again the same thing. :confused:

Specs:

PSU: Corsair 650W
CPU: AMD 6100
RAM: 4x2GB G.SKill Ripjaws 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24
MOBO: Asrock 970 Pro3
Video: 3870x2
SSD: 60 GB Intel 520
HDD: WD GREEN 500GB

Voltages:
CPU: 1.35V
CPU-NB: 1.25V
NB: 1.16V

You need higher voltage to run @2500+ like 1.35V+. Even then most cpus won't be stable. You can expect higher clocks on Phenoms.
Some boards are setting highest stable setting as auto when you set it too high. It's something about balance between CPU-NB/HT clocks or whatever BIOS programmers imagine ( about the same was on earlier BIOSes for 990FXA-UD5 ).

cpu-nb

with my 4170 on a sabertooth.
like woomack says try upping the voltage.

Attachments

• CPUZ.JPG
    CPUZ.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 142
RAM: 4x2GB G.SKill Ripjaws 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 = If that is the fastest ram you have, then running 2600Mhz CPU_NB is a total waste really since only fast ram (DDR1866 likely) can even show a real performance increase with that high CPU_NB frequency.
RGone...

Bump your CPU nb voltage to 1.3 and see what happens, while slower ram won't respond as well, you'll still see performance gains, and hey that's what over clocking is all about.

Sent from my kindle fire running android 4.2.1

Thank you for the replies :).I will bump the voltage more.
I have another question.The HT link speed is also 2400Mhz(it was running at 2600Mhz) and in the BIOS the max HT multiplier is 12(should`t it be 13?)

.The HT link speed is also 2400Mhz(it was running at 2600Mhz) and in the BIOS the max HT multiplier is 12(should`t it be 13?) = On that cheaper Asrock board the HT freq can depend on a number of variables. What the bios writer decided is a good HT Freq compared to other settings you have changed in the bios. What memory is being used can influence how the bios interprets the information it uses to setup some menu items that you likely have set to Auto.

HT Frequency has no performance gains or losses at 2400mhz or 2600Mhz anyway. You are really splitting hairs and it sounds like you have either flashed the bios lately and the newer bios has different default than previous or you have set some setting and left others on Auto and the bios has adjusted it's ownself.
RGone...

.The HT link speed is also 2400Mhz(it was running at 2600Mhz) and in the BIOS the max HT multiplier is 12(should`t it be 13?) = On that cheaper Asrock board the HT freq can depend on a number of variables. What the bios writer decided is a good HT Freq compared to other settings you have changed in the bios. What memory is being used can influence how the bios interprets the information it uses to setup some menu items that you likely have set to Auto.

HT Frequency has no performance gains or losses at 2400mhz or 2600Mhz anyway. You are really splitting hairs and it sounds like you have either flashed the bios lately and the newer bios has different default than previous or you have set some setting and left others on Auto and the bios has adjusted it's ownself.
RGone...
Keep your HT between 2000 and 2200mhz. As Rgone mentioned, no performance gains to be had by upping it.

Keep your NB between 2600 and 3000mhz. That's where the real performance gains are to be had.

Yeah but the good news is he shouldn't have to change the HT link freq. Were you referring to the NB? that what it sounds like...

No, I said what I meant. I've noticed how the same CPU will default to different HT Link frequencies on different motherboards when the CPU is in the FX line. Their seems to be HT Link ceiling imposed by the motherboard.

Back