• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New PC with Random bits!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryansmelliott

Registered
Ok so i sorted out a box and i have found some PC bits all i need is a Motherboard but don't really want to spend much as i got a new PC the other day

The bits i have

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
4GB DDR3 PC10666 1333MHZ HYPERAM MEMORY
60GB OCZ-Agility 3
Corsair 430W CXM Builder Modular 80 Plus Bronze PSU
Zotac GT 640 Zone Edition 2GB DDR3 Dual DVI Mini HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card
AvP Defender 100 Mini Tower PC Case Black Mesh Front

The board im looking at

Biostar A780L3C Socket AM3 VGA 6 Channel Audio mATX Motherboard

would that be ok? its only for a media center sort of thing to play movies on

Thank Ryan :)

Here is a link to 6 of those cheapo motherboards currently being sold by NewEgg. I went and looked at the customer reviews of 5 of them and they all seemed to have the user/reviewer saying much the same thing. They mostly only support 95Watt cpus and they don't last but a year.
CPU Socket Type : AM3

Thansk for the replys =D

i forgot about the PSU wat! i found the Asus M5A78L-M LX V2 Supports CPU up to 125 W dont want to spend much at all as i said it was just stuff in a box that i want to reuse, as for the ram it says HYPERAM MEMORY thats it really not much else lol

In post #1 you said the board you were looking at is: Biostar A780L3C Socket AM. That was the one I was referring to that is only 95W TDP. You switched boards on me.

Back