• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me choose

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Newf

Registered
Hey guys, I was planning on getting the Gigabyte 990fxa UD5 board but recently I guess everyone else has had the same idea and I can't find one for a decent price anywhere in Canada.
So now I've had to take a leap up in the price ranges and want to know from you guys which of the two boards would be better for overclocking and just overall better?
Gigabyte 990fxa UD7
Asus Sabertooth 990fxa R2.0
I'm currently leaning toward the UD7 as it's cheaper, from what I've read it has equally good vrms for the cpu, and it looks a lot nicer. What do you guys think? As far as I'm concerned the Sabertooth is beat in every aspect, just wanted to double check as I'm relatively new to buying performance parts.

I've also just found a good deal on a Asrock Extreme 9 990FX board. Looks super beefy, anybody have any experience with any of these boards?:shrug:

I went with the UD5, found it for 149.99 and a $20 rebate.. It'll do a 4.6-4.8 overclock on a 8140 fine will it not?

Back