• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking my GTX 670

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devistation

Registered
I had a question about what speed I could reach with the Gigabyte GTX 670 windforce edition 2048. I have already overclocked it to a stable 1175 from 1058 with my temperatures staying at 45 degrees while running 3D mark 11 on extreme. Is this a good overclock or is it possible to push it further? Temps are no problem because I run a antec 1200 with 7 120mm case fans and 1 200mm fan as well. Not to mention this is the windforce edition so the GPU has 3 fans cooling it. My fans never got higher then 47% while at full load.

A good overclock is relative. For me, a good overclock is the highest 3DM11 12h loop stable frequencies I can achieve with a reasonable voltage and reasonable temperatures.

Are you on water? Because I just got my 670(waterblock is on the way) and its running at 85c while gaming.

n/m saw the windforce.

Are you on water? Because I just got my 670(waterblock is on the way) and its running at 85c while gaming.

n/m saw the windforce.

85c? Is that OCed or stock? Which 670 do you have? I'm running 2 EVGA 670 reference cards in SLI and don't go over 62c on load(stock clocks). Are you running any tweaking/monitoring software such as Precision X or Afterburner...? If not you should install it and set your fan range %.
I'll be OCing mine as soon as I get my WBs for them.

Back