• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Bitspower 90's Right angle or Sweeping 90

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Solder

I'm planning on adding my NB to my loop on my x58 and wondering about the design of the Bitspower 90* fittings and the flow rate of the two different versions.
Which would be better suited for such a short run? I'm thinking about the water flow as well, is there more turbulence created in the right angle fittings or is that resistance minimal?

I'm also thinking about the next upgrade. I know the SB water cooling on the 1155 is unnecessary but I've read the 1150's might have the SB doing more work.
would it be worth it to get the block and fittings for this system and transfer the block to the 1150's SB? FYI I have chosen the Heatkiller NB/SB block.

Yes, rotaries=sweeping. I really like them and I think they'd suit my needs really well. They'd probably allow for some sort of future proofing too.
I was thinking they'd stand up too tall but I think those will be perfect. Thanks Conumdrum :)

YW. Always buy 2 extra. Also, be careful on stressing them from sode to side. Over a few years a few folks have complained they leak. Once they understand the side to side stress (noob mistake) they are great. I have done 4 builds with them and never ever had an issue.

I read about the side to side stress unseating the gasket on one side causing the leak. Is it, over time they start to leak, or more the fact they had continuous stress on the rotary that started the leak?
I'll grab extra just in case too. Little buggers ain't cheap lol almost 20 bucks a pop. It's all about the tubing length right? Sounds like, as long as the tubing is just long enough and not pushing or pulling
on the fitting, it should be fine.

Overstress from the start. Once stress fixed they are fine. Noobs first build issues. Bend it, rush rush rush.

It's a hobby, meant to be savored on a slow building fire.

+1

I took his recommendation on my first build (see sig for pics) Bitspower 90's are the way to go. No leaks and it really comes down to user error. Even a simple fitting can leak.

Plus as you stated you can use them in several future builds. Win/Win

*They look great as well!:thup:

Edit - Sorry can't comment on Sweeping

Overstress from the start. Once stress fixed they are fine. Noobs first build issues. Bend it, rush rush rush.

It's a hobby, meant to be savored on a slow building fire.

Parts will be in tomorrow :) I even got a pack of O ring gaskets just in case since I have to do some fitting swapping. How exciting, something fun to play with during spring break!
This really is a fun hobby.

That's a nice rig Armani2468. I know it's been said already, but that T junction with the valve to the drain is a great idea!

Thanks. Works great.. a little bit of overkill as I didn't really need a quick disconnect at the end (going towards the outside of the case) but at least I was still able to utilize it by having the end hose connect to it. (could have just used a stop plug) guess it's all about being a Newb :D

Post pics when done:salute:

Parts will be in tomorrow :) I even got a pack of O ring gaskets just in case since I have to do some fitting swapping. How exciting, something fun to play with during spring break!
This really is a fun hobby.

That's a nice rig Armani2468. I know it's been said already, but that T junction with the valve to the drain is a great idea!

Fixed it!

Those who might recall my Northbridge practically going nuclear and my wanting to find a better way to cool it. I've finally completed the addition of my NB to my water loop.
Thankfully it has done wonders for the temperature, a whopping 40*C drop! It sits comfortably at +/- 32*C, rather worth the 90 bucks I'd say.
I just wish I owned an actual camera so I wouldn't have to use my phone.

IMG-20130313-00140.jpg
IMG-20130313-00141.jpg

Thank you :) I'm very pleased with it. I also modded the Southbridge heatsinc to be used without the NB or the heatpipe. The whole thing turned out well.

Back