• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ECS motherboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yeyey777

hi guys just wondering why ECS motherboards are being criticized?

I'm using an ECS motherboard right now ( temporarily ), then I searched reviews and feedbacks about these mobos and I found two forums and 1 video in youtube which has the worst description for these mobos; "****" and "crap". judging from the looks of the mobo specially the z77 gold version it looks nice and durable but still, they do not recommend it and worst disregard it.
I have no intensions of humiliating or to insult but that's what i've found out, as a pc enthusiast, i just want to be sure on the parts that i'll be purchasing on my next future upgrade.

thanks in advance :D

I found a couple of reviews for the A990FXM-A Black Series motherboard and I think both review sites used a phrase very similar to this: "ECS continues to impress us with their progress". If you are progressing, then in some area you must not be there yet. I would say that is how I read that statement.

The A990FXM-A Black Series motherboard was released in Ver 1.0 back before the FX-series of processors came out as was the case with many 990 chipset motherboards. The were sold when the Phenom 2 and the Thuban processors were basically the only AMD cpus available and the Bios did not even have multiplier adjustments built in. It was claimed a later bios would overcome that short-coming but why in the hale release a supposedly top level motherboard for AMD without multipier adjustments. Maybe that is where the "ECS continues to impress with their progress" type statements came from in the few website reviews I read.

So for me in the case of an AMD AM3+ mobo to run my FX-8350 overclocked, the price of an ECS motherboard would have to be pretty doggone cheap to tempt me to try ECS over known to work boards which do get very good reviews.

I would guess ECS wants to move from entry level boards and making boards for other companies and they may be getting there, but I am not ready at this time to spend my money to experiment.
RGone...

thanks for the info bro...found other feedbacks on tomshardware forum , well, likewise i think i won't spend my money just to test such mobo..
and i also read that asus gigabyte and asrock are, as of now, the best mobos

thanks again RGone, a big help there .. :)

Yeah, I would stay away from ECS. They often leave out key bios tools that overclockers really need.

easily burn caps - check
easily burn usb port when usb devices plugged for long - check
third one, i forgot but still - check
and yours trents, often leave out key bios- check

hmm i think i'm at the peak of my urge on changing my ECS mobo ASAP.. thanks for the additional info trents! :)

Most of my motherboards have not been ECS, but about 3 out of 4 of my last motherboard failures have been ECS, mostly for capacitors but also some mystery failures (some USB ports quit working, one mobo just quit working). Also when a capacitor popped on one of my ECS boards, it either shut down or rebooted, while all other brands of boards kept running without incident. But that didn't stop me from buying another ECS, a few months ago, although the final cost was a penny.

Back