• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Caselabs Magnum M8 or Mountain Mods H2-UFO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MainStageNews

Registered
Lets start out by saying that I would water cool in both of them and they should bot do a great job so this is mostly aesthetics and what you guys would be best. Both I would water cool a 7970 and i7 3770k and either a monsta 360 or 480 rad.
First off what I would do for the Magnum M8. In there I would probably either do a UV red build and really nothing too different about it.

Now the Mountain Mods H2-H2O. I actually have a really cool idea for this. What I would do is have half windows on the left and right so that only the components would show. Also on the top I would go with a big window. It would be yellow aurora coolant and I would have yellow led's at the bottom. I think that this would give it a really cool look so its almost like a treasure or something :p And i have an asrock mobo with the gold caps so that I think would make it amazing. Forgot to add this obviously the mobo would be mounted horizontally.

So what do you guys think? Normal water cooling loop in the Magnum M8, but the perk being caselabs quality, versatility, expandability, and great modular design. Or go with H2-H20 since I have an interesting theme that could be amazing?

I wouldn't go with colored liquids as they will stain your WBs, tubing etc. Also the performance on heat dissipation would be lower. Straight distilled water is the king, just make sure you add a kill coil when you're all set and done so nothing grows. Go with LEDs like you stated and colored tubing.

Its your build and you can do as you may but I have conflicting issues with colored liquids. I've seen what they can do and it makes me :cry:.

Last edited:
The general rule is not to use die or, but use colored tubing. What you chose is up to you, but the idea sounds cool.

I wouldn't go with colored liquids as they will stain your WBs, tubing etc. Also the performance on heat dissipation would be lower. Straight distilled water is the king, just make sure you add a kill coil when you're all set and done so nothing grows. Go with LEDs like you stated and colored tubing.

Its your build and you can do as you may but I have conflicting issue with colored liquids. I've seen what they can do and it makes me :cry:.

The general rule is not to use die or, but use colored tubing. What you chose is up to you, but the idea sounds cool.

Thanks guys ive heard that before and I may go with distilled water and colored tubing now :) So you guys feel I should go with the Mountain Mods case over the Caselabs because of the cool idea I have to got with it?

Just thinking of it I may go colored fluid still because you would be able to see the color of the fluid in the EK waterblocks which was a big reason for doing a build with all the windows on the case. If I flushed my system with a vinegar and water when I would change it out would this help with the coloring of the waterblocks. Honestly tubing wouldnt matter too much because tubing is cheap

Last edited:
are there any coolants that will not stain waterblocks (obciously besides distilled water) I was thinking of Mayhems Pastel in Sunset Yellow. If I changed it at least every year would it likely not stain?

I think you'll have to change the colored fluids every 3 months and you'll still get stains. I believe thats what I heard and read many times before. I'am sure some others will give you more insight.

Also check out the stickies as they have info about this.

Back