• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 RAM timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

byron182

I just bought my Gigabyte board, 4Gx2 Crucial Ballistix Sport Rams 1600 CL9 and I'm in the final stages of installing it. I need help with changing my ram timings. How do I change the Freq. from 1600 to 1333-8-8-8-24? Coz I'm not sure the 1600mhz is stable with my CPU. I'm a newbie with this stuff.

Page 36 -38 of your Manual will show you where to find thiese in the bios. You just switch from auto to manual and then you can configure it the way you like. I would try setting the memory at 1600 first with the proper voltage and timings before dropping to the 1333

Last edited:
You can use CPU-z SPD tab to get timing and voltage info for your particular ram

This RAM should work @1600 9-9-9-24 1.50V but you can try 1600 8-8-8-24 1.50-1.65V.
Other timings should work using auto settings. If not then -> Command Rate 2N, tRFC 160 ( or higher ), other set to auto. If it won't work then set +0.05V higher CPU-NB voltage as these boards are undervolting a bit ( at least Rev 1.0 did ).

Often, the terminology used for ram timings between CPU-z and your bios will differ for some of the timings and you will also find the order will be different after the first four timings. The bios will have many more timings listed than CPU-z will. Most of the are not important and can be left on Auto. Only adjust the ones that show in CPU-z. After the first four timings which seem to be in the same order in bios as they are in CPU-z you will need to scan down the bios list to find what you are looking for. The magnitude of the numbers is the key here. tRAS and tRC will be large numbers like 24 or 32 instead of 8 or 9 and CR will always have a "T" in it. When in doubt, make a small change in bios that is not likely to prevent the computer from booting and then check in CPU-z to see if the change shows up in the correct line item. It it shows up in the right place then go back into bios and make the full adjustment.

Back