• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blu-ray Drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RockerGuy

Hi guys,
I bought a Blu-ray drive for my PC but I can't see to play blu-ray movies. I've googled but can't find the problem.

I have PowerDVD software. When I put the BR disc in it, it says cannot read this type of file.

Anybody know what's going on?
Thx

First check to see if there is a firmware upgrade for that particular model BR drive. Is the whole system HDCP compliant? More than likely the powerDVD also needs an update. BR playback on PC is difficult at times because of the digital protections.

Blu-Rays are super sensitive, may seem crazy but wipe the laser emitter off with a microfiber cloth and see what happens. I messed with mine for 3 days trying to figure out the problem. Soon as I wiped it off and used some air duster it started working right then.

I googled after doing that and seen that almost everyone who had a problem with their player wiped it off and it worked fine. If only I would have seen that 3 days earlier.

So I did a scan with Cyberlink BD advisor. The problem seems to be the graphics card not compatible...hmmm

According to the manufacturer it should be as long as you have a HDCP compliant monitor and connection. DVDFAB offers a solution called passkey lite it's free and they also have a very knowledgable forum.

I have a blue ray player (Pioneer) in my PC and also have Power DVD 12 which I paid like 49 bucks for. The blue rays still did not play. Then I found out that Power dvd 12 standard edition does not offer Blue ray playback. You have to get the Pro or Ultimate version of the player for yet another 49 dollars. Perhaps this is or is not your issue. Just thought I would throw it out there. Good luck !

http://www.cyberlink.com/store/powe...earch-us_0_1&gclid=CKCAptyW97UCFcme4AodXCUAoA

DVDFAB offers a solution called passkey lite it's free and they also have a very knowledgable forum.

This makes it possible to play Bluray with any HD capable media player as well. If it'll play M2TS files you're good to go. Will work with VLC which is free.

Back