• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Strange and messed up artifacting (directx-related) in Heaven and 3DMark 11

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XDMickeYXD

Registered
Hey overclockers, so I wanted to do some benchmarks on my new pc, but instead of the normal renders, this is what I get:

My rig's temperatures are fine by the way, it's not a cooling problem and all the hardware is properly powered and connected.
I have also not overclocked any piece of my hardware yet, everything is at stock speeds and voltages.
My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, with the Windows 8 RTM Theme installed (Great theme btw, windows 8 looks really clean.)
Directx and my GPU drivers are all updated to their latest versions.

This only happens when the renderer is set to directx, if I set it to OpenGL in Heaven, it works normally (as demonstrated in the video)
The only programs affected by this are thus far Unigine Heaven and 3DMark 11.
Note that none of my games are affected, this includes multiple directx games.

No clue why this is happening and why only to those programs, nor how to fix it, any ideas?

-XDMickeYXD

try uninstalling and reinstalling your videocard drivers and try reinstalling directx.

try uninstalling and reinstalling your videocard drivers and try reinstalling directx.

How would I reinstall directx?
Apparently it's "An integral part of the operating system and can't be removed", according to Microsoft.

Well at any rate, the problem seems to have fixed itself after ~10 days of use.
I'm not sure what exactly I did to fix it, I have installed a couple of games though so they may have updated directx or some corrupt file and fixed the problem.

Back