• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rigit

First, I just installed my new OCZ SSD. Does OC'ing have any effect on the drive? I ask because for some reason Gigabyte chose to allow up to like 20x for the cpunb but only 13x on Hyperlink. In order to go past 2600Mhz I have to push the FSB and I don't know what effect if any it has on the drive. I have recently learned that with the Phenom II the cpunb actually needs to be higher than HL But I'm not sure how much.
2. Memory question. How much of a hit is there lowering 1066 down to 800? If I do that I can push timings and/or the FSB. Just don't know if the performance hit from that will out weigh any speed improvement. This SSD is certainly a speed demon.

1-With PhII Denebs, best to keep HT link around 2000MHz.
The highest the CPU-NB, the best, but these chips hardly go over 2800MHz (with a1.3/1.35v).
Pushing FSB won't harm your SSD in any way.

2-Denebs like tight timings. Is it DDR2 you're using?

1-With PhII Denebs, best to keep HT link around 2000MHz.
The highest the CPU-NB, the best, but these chips hardly go over 2800MHz (with a1.3/1.35v).
Pushing FSB won't harm your SSD in any way.

2-Denebs like tight timings. Is it DDR2 you're using?

No it's DDR3 I was just wondering if lower speed (800Mhz) but tighter timings is faster than stock timings and higher speed (1066Mhz?

Back