• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NVIO chip cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dark_n_Beyond

Hey everyone,

Quick question....I was planning to try out my tek-9 this weekend with some DIce on a GTX 280. Got it all apart and cleaned up (TIM on the GPU was the worst application I think I've ever seen), and I came to a halt looking at the nvio chip. I haven't really found anything about what I should do for that. Hopefully microcenter will have something, but I'm not holding my breath. Might have to postpone til next weekend. What do you guys use?

I think that most of the components on the graphics card are usually cooled by cold traveling through the pcb from the pot. I am not familiar with that card though.

you could slap a ramsink or something on it to cool it.

I should really get some of those....it's on the list!

I think that most of the components on the graphics card are usually cooled by cold traveling through the pcb from the pot. I am not familiar with that card though.

That's what I was thinking too, but I'm not sure. I've got a chipset heatsink that will bolt up (slightly twisted, but I don't see an issue with it). Couldn't hurt?

Back