• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 430 True Conversion Is It Possible 20-24 pin?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SPeEdZ70

Registered
I have a good older Antec True 430W I got a few motherboards that take 24 pin connections and this model only has the 20 pin and the 4 pin motherboard connector are there adapter like that are built in to my other pSU`s to make them 24 pin just for testing because with all the other parts I`ve been going nutZ purchasing I ccannot afford another Psu just for testing Motherboards and cpu`s right now? the specs are as follows:

+5v-36A,+12-20A,+3.3-28A,-12-1A +5V SB-2A

I`m not sure but this Psu works great with older motherboards and is kinda heavy for what it is. I`m not sure if there may be adapters for the extra 4 pins I need or not sure do not want to burn something out. Could use some help with this and would it be safe I do not plan on using a PCI-E card that also requires an extra 6 pin with it I have some older cards that do not require them to use. Thanks:D

If you aren't running crossfire/SLI the +4 isn't really going to do anything for you anyway. Your motherboard will accept the 20 pin plug happily and work fine.

That said, if that's an old enough Antec it has some pretty dubious capacitors in it that may well have gone pear shaped by now.

That said, if that's an old enough Antec it has some pretty dubious capacitors in it that may well have gone pear shaped by now.

That's so right! All Antecs on a shelf recently at a computer recycling center (WinCycle) (wincycle.org) (Windsor, Vt) had bulging caps!

If you aren't running crossfire/SLI the +4 isn't really going to do anything for you anyway. Your motherboard will accept the 20 pin plug happily and work fine.

Hmm has not been used much probably 1 1/2 of use since it was new been sitting in a box for awhile I can open it up not like there is a warranty on it anymore I think it is from about 2007 when it was new seems like it was quality at the time to me I know I needed a PSU one day right away and I had to resort to best buy and Bought an Antec Earthwatts and it cost me around $80 for it pretty expensive i thought. I really do not know alot about PSU`s I do know that you should have a reliable one a friend of my Brother built a new computer and got a case that came with a 400W PSU Generic and when it went bad took his Gainward Video card which was very nice back then and his Motherboard and even the CD-Drive was bad I remember parting it out:D

Back