• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zoom text

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wipeout

Maybe this is common knowledge,but I use it all the time.On any web page,you can hit the Ctrl button ,and (+) or (-) button, at the same time,to enlarge text for easy viewing:)

I've been using macs for the past 10 years and even i know that...

edit: turns out it works on my mac too, didn't even know you could do that on a mac, just thought you could on a PC (i'm used to the whole thing where you reverse pinch with your fingers)

I feel lost how small the font is on every other computer I use but my own. I don't know how people manage with things being small. Here's how I set it up:

* Firefox > Tools > Options > General TAB > CONTENT >

[next to Size:] Advanced... > Minimum font size: 16
To make the text on most web pages larger by default.

Some text may not be completely visible if you change this option.

So you need a quick on/off button:

Install this add-on:
http://codefisher.org/toolbar_button/

Then
Firefox View > Toolbars > Customize >
MinimumFontSIze0.png

To Finally Get a quick On/Off if font is too large on some pages:

Attachments

• MinimumFontSIze.png
    MinimumFontSIze.png
    88.9 KB · Views: 41
I always use CTRL + Scroll wheel, I everything very small (to allow for the most content possible) and this is the method I use. It also works in many other programs as well.

Also on some browsers (like chrome) CTRL + 0 will return font to default.

Also on chrome you can set default zoom, Settings> Advanced Settings > under Web Content > Page zoom: 100%

It's kinda funny really, Use CTRL + +/- all the time, but my Microsoft ergonomic keyboard has a scroll tab in the middle for that :D

Back