• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New battery for aging laptop - ebay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rescuetoaster

Hey all,

My laptops battery has gone to hell within the last two to three weeks. I'm looking to get a replacement without spending half the cost of getting a whole new laptop.

It's a Toshiba tecra m10. Anyone know of a reliable seller on ebay or something?

I have had good luck with Laptop Battery Depot they have decent prices for OEM batteries. I have ordered 2 batteries from their Canadian site and they are still going strong... Although you may find a better deal on Amazon.

Thanks, I'll take a look. I've been burned in the past with amazon sellers - got two batteries that lost about 50 percent capacity after only 5 cycles or so.

Yep, I saw that. If those are quality batteries, then that is a very good price. I quickly scanned some of their amazon sales, and it seems like they have pretty positive reviews, so I'll probably order from them. I've been trying to find the battery through their amazon account so I can use my free shipping.

Yep, I saw that. If those are quality batteries, then that is a very good price. I quickly scanned some of their amazon sales, and it seems like they have pretty positive reviews, so I'll probably order from them. I've been trying to find the battery through their amazon account so I can use my free shipping.

Yup I ordered a few batteries for a couple Asus laptops and they still hold a charge as if they were new and this was over a year ago. However this can depend on the OEM manufacturer as well but as I said I have had pretty good luck with their batteries.

Some hobby websites will sell the bare cells, which you can easily replace. Probably would be cheaper than buying a new pack.

Back