• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhantomDot1

I'm trying to overclock my cpu, Llano A6-3650 QuadCore, to about 3.3/3.4 ghz.
Now it kind of bottlenecks my pc, so it isnt using the graphics card fully. since I cant change the multiplier I have been able to up the base clock speed to 121 mhz, and that times the multiplier gives me 3.1 ghz, which is about 10% overclock, but I want to push it a little bit further to as said 3.3/3.4 on basic heatsink/fans. When I up it to 123 mhz base clock speed, which would lead to 3.15 ghz in total, then I get bluescreens, Ive tried upping the voltage with almost 0.08V, with still bluescreens as result.
My motherboard is an asus FM1 F1A55-M usb3.0. I dont know whether there is somekind of setting which is holding me back here.
I have tried fiddling with the lead line settings, without result.
here are some of my specs:
550W psu
Llano A6-3650 Quad Core 2.6 ghz
asus FM! F1A55-M USB3.0
6GB DDR4 Kingston Ram
AMD Radeon HD 7850 1GB

Hope to be able to figure it out, cuz this is my first overclock, and I hope it will help me a lot with future overclocks.

P.S. I overclock in the bios, the programs in windows suck I have heard :)

EDIT:
also on 121 mhz base clock speed I get bluescreens, I think this means it is not stable, but more information/tips on this is/are welcome ! :p

Last edited:
Your system is not designed to be OC'd. When you increase the "base clock speed" (what we use to call the front side buss) you are also increasing the memory speed, the cpu/nb speed and that MB may not have the ability to slow those on a individual basis.
If you are really set on increasing the performance of your system then the best advice I can give you is to upgrade the CPU to one that will allow you to change the Multiplier.

it actually let me change the multiplier, it is set to auto, but I can put in a value I want, but I dont know if it will effect the total speed of the processor since it is stated here and on many more threads that amd locked the multiplier

That cpu is multiplier locked (no matter what is seen in bios) and why "oldbrave" was suggesting to get an unlocked APU.
RGone...

All I need is to get a stable oc enough to stop the bottleneck on my rig, that is all I am asking for.
with this 121 mhz oc I upped the gpu usage from 60% to 80%, so a bit more and I am happy, but then I dont need these bluescreens

Well the problem is that setup did not overclock well and when I g00gle overclock asus FM! F1A55-M USB3.0, there is nothing that shows up but stuff from Asus and they are not going to tell how to do much overclocking and thru 3 pages of g00gle search the majority of the hits were for selling sites like wikibiz, ebay, computer uk and just bull about where to buy a board not how to really overclock the board.

That pretty much tells it like it is about the fact it does not seem to be very overclockable.

In seeing some of the later APU setups that are more overclock friendly, the things run hot. Stock cooling limits them in speed since they run hot and can give errors.

I would go and look for that board in the Asus forum. They may have more people trying to work hard with the board. Good luck man.
RGone...

the biggest issue is actually that as said in original post I was upping the voltage of the cpu, but it didnt seem to have any effect. I was trying to get rid of the bluescreens I was getting @ 123 mhz base clock speed, Im wondering whether any option whatsoever on my motherboard/processor has been blocking this increase in voltage ?

Back