• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High End gaming pc issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vtc413

My specs are : Gtx 670 (3 fans) sli , ivy bridge i7 3770k @ 3.50ghz, DDR3 16 gb (1333), motherboard asus z77 pro, cooler master fan system, 1000W power supply.

my drivers are the latest 314.22 with those options i suppose i could run any game with ultra with no issues however, im not satisfied with the performance ! in world of warcraft i get 33 fps in the crowded main city wtf ? please guys if any1 could help me i will really appreciate it.

This is the 3dmark11 results (basic edition) http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6281402

The 3dmark result looks fine, I would put the low FPS down to a CPU bottleneck. You could use some GPU software like MSI Afterburner and record the GPU usage for each card at this point, and also look at the CPU usage to see if some cores are pegged at 100% in the area (I am not sure how many threads WoW uses, but I bet it isn't all of them!). It will also show if SLI scales effectively in-game (unless CPU bottlenecked).

If the CPU is the bottleneck, you should be able to overclock the 3770k to 4.5GHz (depending on cooling) fairly easily, or overclock the GPUs if this is the problem - I believe it will be the former due to where it happens. I've seen many threads in the past that complain of low FPS in crowded areas, so I don't think it is just you.

thanks for the reply, but i think my motherboard already overcloak the cpu to 4.2ghz, im not good in those stuff but my motherboard is outdated does that affect on the performance and fps ?

Last edited:
It's very common in MMO's in the main cities, to have less than half the framerates of other areas in the game. It's because you have hundreds of NPCs and possibly hundreds of player characters as well. Player characters of course have to have positions updated constantly, since their movement is controlled client side, not server side.

Most MMO's also have a setting to reduce the texture quality of other player characters to improve performance in those high population areas.

Back