• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking voltages?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pigpottomus

Kind of new to overclocking, was just seeing what i can do from reading, trial and error, the other day. I got my CPU to be at 4.0Ghz, but wasn't stable. Had 3 stops to record what i had, like first stp, X amount of voltage, X amount of processor frequency, etc. Just wondering what voltages should i not touch? read from another forum to not touch the HT voltage alone. All i touched was the CPU Frequency, Processor frequency multiplier, CPU/NB Frequency, Cpu Over voltage, and load line calibration. Mother board is m4n68t-m v2 and cpu is amd Phenom II X4 840. So which voltages should i touch and not touch?

Far easier to say I DO touch the CPU_NB voltage and the CPU Vcore voltage. Oh yes and memory voltage. I generally set 1.50 ram to 1.55 voltage. I set 1.60 ram to 1.65 voltage. You should see that pattern for ram voltage.
RGone...

Would the Vcore Voltage of mine be the VDDNB?

Nope it would not be.

You could take some good digital pics of your actual bios in that general location and attach them to a post in this thread and then we can look and see what Cpu Vcore is called.
RGone...

EDIT:
I forgot about this website since I know that the pages do not allow cut and paste of the written article.
Understanding Voltages shown in motherboard bioses. This page does not allow any cut and paste so cannot copy any of the names for CPU Voltage. You can use that link to look at the different names that "might" be assigned to Vcore on various AMD boards.
LINK>> http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/prin...ltage-Configurations-from-the-Motherboard/995
END EDIT.

Back