• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My motherboard doesn't recognise internet cable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RoGearLTU

Registered
Hello, first internet worked fine on my PC. A few days I tried to overclock my CPU a little and after that I can't connect PC to the internet. I tested internet connection on other computer and it works fine, but not on mine PC. When I go in to Troubleshooter, I get message, that Windows couldn't find Network Adapter drivers. Please, could someone help me? My PC:

CPU: AMD Fx 6100
Mother Board: GA-78LMT-USB3-F2
Video Card: Asus Radeon 7850 2 GB
RAM: 8 GB

Have you tried reinstalling the nic drivers ?

Make sure it wasn't accidentally disabled in BIOS or device manager.

Try and reset BIOS to see if the driver re-detects. It could be the controller is going bonkers, disabling it. If it shows up, we can go from there.

BIOS = Basic Input/Output System

try reinstalling the driver?

I've never seen a device manager display so many sub-parts of a driver before (doesn't mean it can't happen, I've just never seen it).

try reinstalling the driver?

I've never seen a device manager display so many sub-parts of a driver before (doesn't mean it can't happen, I've just never seen it).
I tried to reinstall drivers from Mother Board CD, download it manually but none fixed this problem. Maybe I need to download some other drivers?

hmm, may need to uninstall and reinstall. Not sure. You could try booting from a linux live CD to see if it picks up the driver correctly by default. If it does then it means that your drivers/os may be corrupt. If it doesn't there could possibly be something wrong with the NIC -- or the linux version didn't have the driver built in.

I had a similair promblem on a ga-z77n-wifi board, after i had installed virtual box it caused windows to keep wanting to switch to virtual lan ports...that didn't have a conection. SO i found it easy to disable all the network adapters, and then just enable my single ethernet port that i was planing on using.

Is it possible to burn my Motherboar's internet connection? Because it started when I tried to OC my CPU.

I mean anything possible...but its more likely a software issue rather than hardware...have you contacted you mobo manufacturer?

I've had an issue similar to yours, I had been running my CPU at 1.492v with no issues whatsoever, after I stepped up my OC a bit, I ended up 1.512v, and my onboard sound and 2 of my 4 front-panel USB ports failed, along with the devices connected to the USB ports. Is it possible that running that kind of voltage through the CPU could kill things like that?

Last edited:
I've had an issue similar to yours, I had been running my CPU at 1.492v with no issues whatsoever, after I stepped up my OC a bit, I ended up 1.512v, and my onboard sound and 2 of my 4 front-panel USB ports failed, along with the devices connected to the USB ports. Is it possible that running that kind of voltage through the CPU could kill things like that?
Same happened to me. Everything worked fine, but when I tried to OC my CPU two ports of USB3.0 started not to work and now my motherboard doesn't recognise internet cable.

Very interesting, I have the same issue usb ports acting up but only after I started with the voltage. Before that I was fine doing the voltage which I did last, (after reading the advice in these forums), I ended up going back to the default in BIOS and the problem vanished. I lost access to my usb dongle and my external usb hard drive started acting up. Everything else was solid and cool.

The funny part is the voltage is the issue,(I'm guessing since thats when it went bad and solved it when I backed it down) but the voltage increase is so small, 1.2 to 1.24 in steps with testing in between. Along way from the recommended voltage for the target of 4.6 (1.45 volts)

Sounds like the PCI-E is getting OC'ed too much.
I don't see how multiplier OCing could affect the PCI-E freq, in his case it wouldn't do anything to it. My motherboard doesn't link the FSB to the PCI-E freq, so it wouldn't mess up mine either.

My board is a lower end board, so I'm thinking because of the increased voltages I had, some of it managed to jump onto the Audio/USB buses and kill them, or kill something inside of the southbridge. Either way, the increased voltage killed something.

How did you OC your CPU? What settings did you change?
What ever settings you used to OC the CPU, put them back to stock settings and see of the NIC works again !

cpu vcore is 1.35ish cpu ratio is 21 4300, CPU /HT Ref is 205 llc 0%, system was stable, cool, just murdered the usb ports think I left the pci_e in auto might have been the issue. not sure, but I set it all back to default and the usb dongle is working fine.

Kool, glad you got it working again ! :)
When you start to OC the CPU again, just make one setting change at a time, that way you will be able to see what effect each setting change has on your system.
Point to remember, "auto" setting is not always your friend! :)

Back