• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M5A88-V Evo RAM O.C.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shkarpeenee

Hello,
i am new here and in oc world, so please don't make fun of me. =)

I have this motherboard for 1year, and stupid me, didnt notice this little info:
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A88V_EVO/#specifications

4 x DIMM, Max. 16GB, DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066 MHz Memory
So my hyperX 1600MHz is working @ 1333.

This is my PC:
Asus M5A88-V Evo
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @2.8GHz
2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHZ KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX
SSD Samsung 840PRO 128GB 530/390MBps
HD 6870 1GB DDR5 Powercolor

Help me put this memory to 1600MHz without having BSOD every day.
I need step by step tutorial.

Thank you.
Milan

Milan, download Cpu-Z and then open the spd tab there will be profiles in that tab called Jedec profiles. The Jedec profile that has 800 mhz under it is the one you want to use. What you do then is set your at 1600 in your bios and then manually set the timings to what they are in the Jedec profile. After that restart the pc and re open Cpu-Z and open the memory tab and make sure the timings in that tab match the jedec profile in spd for 800 mhz.

81bd790a_vbattach221653.jpeg

go into BIOS and select the Ai Tweaker tab at the top. Highlight CPU Overclocking and change it from auto to D.O.C.P
from that it should automatically set up the RAM and you should be able to select 1600MHz

Milan, download Cpu-Z and then open the spd tab there will be profiles in that tab called Jedec profiles. The Jedec profile that has 800 mhz under it is the one you want to use. What you do then is set your at 1600 in your bios and then manually set the timings to what they are in the Jedec profile. After that restart the pc and re open Cpu-Z and open the memory tab and make sure the timings in that tab match the jedec profile in spd for 800 mhz.

Following your steps, i managfed to get RAM to 1600. It seams to be stable, no BSOD for now. I tried before what redduc900 and Efonzerellie said, but i think that it is not enough. Now i did all that + change parameters as CPU ID wrote in timing table under 800MHz seting. Default value for voltage is 1.5, and i needed to change up to 1.65V.

Thank you for this, i hope i have stabile system now.

Cheers!

Back