• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

handbrake output file broken.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
So I picked up two new bluerays today "Rise of the Guardians" and "Lawless" I went through my standard method of ripping the disks using MakeMKV and those play just fine. Now I generally compress my bluerays to x.264 MP4 format files using handbrake. However, both of these movies after I convert them are unplayable. I tried both MP4 and MKV outputs and im getting the same problem. I also tried encoding with AC3 passthrough and FAAC reencode to AAC for audio.

Im at a loss here and ive lost most of a day of CPU cycles screwing around with this. Any advice anyone has on the topic is greatly appreciated!

How are they unplayable? If it is audio, I usually have to select a different track to get them to play correctly.

Instead of rendering the whole movie, pick the shortest chapter not at the beginning or end. It should only take a minute or two to finish.

When I say its unplayable what I mean is it will not play at all. If I render a sample from either film the sample plays fine with the proper audio, subtitles, and all of that. If I open the full encoded film all I get is a hanging black screen with no duration.

Back