• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BD rom won't play newer titles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Psittac

my friend has an old Blu-ray rom that he got from a friend of ours and it won't play anything past the latest avatar.

He says that powerDVD is up to date and that doesn't help, is the DRM handled by the BD-rom or by the player software?

Any way to get it to work? I can get a model if needed, just thought i'd throw out the question before bugging him with finding out what it is.

edit: it's an old LG, anything more then that and i'll have to look at it

well i have a old LG BD reader i havent had issues with newer titles. which ones are we talking about? it would be the software holding the BD keys not the drive. assuming we are talking about a pc with just a BD reader and not a LG BD standalone player, just want to make sure.

i have never updated the fw for my LG drive and on another note PowerDVD is what version? im still using power dvd 10(with bd support, think they added it that one first, i lose track to easy these days.), he/you might want to look over there site buy using the in-program links for updates. there might be a small patch ect to update to the newest keys.

*edit*
err i guess the i forgot there are no in menu links to updates.
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd-ultra/patches_en_US.html
need to find out which one of the power dvd's he has as which update to get.

Back