• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A75 15GB Memory Limitation? MSI FM2-A75MA-E35

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

td4802

I was looking at the manual for the MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, and it states that if 2 8gb modules are installed, due to chipset resource configuration, only 15gb will be recognized. Is this endemic to all A75 mbs, two slot mbs, just this board, or what? Do I need to go with A85? TIA for any help.

I was looking at the manual for the MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, and it states that if 2 8gb modules are installed, due to chipset resource configuration, only 15gb will be recognized. Is this endemic to all A75 mbs, two slot mbs, just this board, or what? Do I need to go with A85? TIA for any help.

I did not go download and look in the manual for that MSI motherboard. However that said, if I were MSI, I would have the motherboard bios set aside 1GB of ram for the iGP because it takes about that much to let the iGP perform well.

There appear 3 chipsets that can be made to work with FM2 socketed Trinity APU and they are the A55, the older A75 (from Llano) and the new, for FM2 only, A or X85 chipset.

Now after googling your question above your post is the only one to give a hit in google. That generally means whatever I am searching for is generally a non-issue for most people. That is how it turns out mostly.

All things considered if I were going for the big gun APUs like one of these four APUs. >> A10: 5800K & 5700 or A8: 5600K & 5500 << I would certainly want the later A/X85 chipset made for Trinity APU and not the holdover A75 made to work with the later FM2 socket. But that is me. YMMV. And then too I could just be soaking wet and I have been that way before.
RGone...

Thanks for the reply. I would tend to agree with you, except for the wording "2 8gb" modules. I.E., it implies that 2x4gb modules will be correctly recognized as 8gb. It is this that gave me pause.

As to the A85, I don't need RAID5, or the two extra SATA ports, and can find no other value added for the additional $30 (U.S., average) cost. Not that there isn't any, I just can't find it.

Back