• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth/1055T Windows 7 Sleeping Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MattyB151

First of all I'd just like to say hello, as this is my first post at Overclockers.com. :D

Okay, so I've had this problem for months and months and months so that's why I want to see if someone can help me out. This happens only when I have my CPU overclocked. Its currently at 3.7GHz @ 1.3V, CnQ disabled. The CPU is a 1055T and the motherboard is a Asus Sabertooth 990FX. I cannot get the PC to full go into sleep!

• Computer partially goes to sleep (monitors into standby, hard drives power down, power light does it's sleep mode flash, just case fans and CPU fan do not turn off)
  • When turning computer off after trying to put it to sleep either by holding power button for 5 seconds or disconnecting mains power, computer just restarts, but monitors do not come off standby
  • There are no wake devices preventing Windows sleep (checked in CMD)

Does anyone know how I can fix this? It's annoying me so much! Thanks for any assistance.

Using a command prompt and typing into it powercfg -energy and using the Enter key to run the command, you should get a list of the issues that are associated with sleep mode not working. Never seen such list so it will be an unknown and it can deliver some odd information. But it is the best way to troubleshoot a non-working sleep mode that most of my friends do n0t even try to use at all when overclocked. Because it most often will not work well.

I upgraded from a Sapphire 5770 video card to a Wintec 6850 and my sleep mode went to shett. Put the Sapphire 5770 back in and sleep worked fine. So sleep mode is the most troublesome function in Win 7 and overclocked may never work.

The result from powercfg -energy can give this sort of readout.

Energy efficiency problems were found.

XX Errors
XX Warnings
XX Informational

See C:\Windows\system32\energy-report.html for more details. >> I assume the html record will be stored there for most Win 7 systems.

Note there is a space between the g and the - in that command line entry.

Using a command prompt and typing into it powercfg -energy and using the Enter key to run the command, you should get a list of the issues that are associated with sleep mode not working. Never seen such list so it will be an unknown and it can deliver some odd information. But it is the best way to troubleshoot a non-working sleep mode that most of my friends do n0t even try to use at all when overclocked. Because it most often will not work well.

I upgraded from a Sapphire 5770 video card to a Wintec 6850 and my sleep mode went to shett. Put the Sapphire 5770 back in and sleep worked fine. So sleep mode is the most troublesome function in Win 7 and overclocked may never work.

The result from powercfg -energy can give this sort of readout.

Energy efficiency problems were found.

XX Errors
XX Warnings
XX Informational

See C:\Windows\system32\energy-report.html for more details. >> I assume the html record will be stored there for most Win 7 systems.

Note there is a space between the g and the - in that command line entry.
Right, I've seen the report. Doesn't look like much to me. I had 9 errors, 11 warnings and 29 informational though haha. Doesn't look like I'm going to get sleep to work but I'm not bothered if its just a problem that persists with overclocked PCs.

5 Errors
4 Warnings
13 Information

Run on a laptop that sleeps and resumes just fine when the lid is closed. That is the only time I wish the computer to sleep. Knowing it worked, I wanted to see what might be in the energy html.
powercfg -energy gives me those items above. When I made that first post in your thread I had not ever run the tool from command prompt. Now I have and the Errors I understand well enough.

The Errors are pointing directly at my M$ mouse. Hehehe. It will not suspend on Usb. What a M$ hoot.

The four warnings are regarding how I have my screen display set since I am on A/C power all the time.

The Information stuff is outlining setttings that I have over-ridden with my own settings in general. Battery life increase type settings and other things that are over-ridden since I am on A/C power most of the time.

So without seeing what your energy-report html actually says, it is pretty much a case of cannot help really. If you post the text in a post or zip the html, you maybe able to upload it and others could download it and see what it means. There are some sharp minds floating around.
RGone...

Back