• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC / Console FPS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wipeout

Why doesn't 30 fps seem as smooth on pc as console ?

This is the best answer I could find.Do you agree? My monitor has a 2ms response time, which is pretty good in gaming terms.

"if you are using a LCD or Plasma screen you wouldn't be using interlaced video. CRT TVs back in the day were interlaced, any modern TV screens are not. You will notice on the covers of games where it stats what resolutions are supported i.e 720p, 1080p, 1080i - the 'p' means 'progresive' and the 'i' means interlaced. In english, with a 'progressive' resolution, every pixel on the TV screen is flashing on and off at the exact same time typically @60hz (60 times a second). With an 'interlaced' resolution, every second 'odd' row of pixels will flash together, then every second 'even' row of pixels will flash together, but never will every pixel in the screen will flash together at the same time in an interlaced video."

Last edited:
Consoles look smoother at 30 fps because their GPUs are designed specifically for a single refresh rate at a couple resolutions; they are optimized to deliver every single frame with as much efficiency and speed as possible.

Take a look here.
And here.

Last edited:
Back