• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jacquette

i can't adjust anything in my bio.. everything is set to auto and i can't change anything. the only thing i can overlock is my ram. i have a fx6100 cpu 3.30 ghz. i want to overclock it a tad bit to at least 4.0 but my motherboard does not give me the option to do so. :fight:

can anyone tell this bio noob here what he's not seeing..

Does it have dual Bios switch on the Motherboard? Or, have you tried flashing it back to your older BIOS and re updating it? Or contact Gigabyte Customer support. They usually have great service. Alot better than Asus as of late.

Does it have dual Bios switch on the Motherboard? Or, have you tried flashing it back to your older BIOS and re updating it? Or contact Gigabyte Customer support. They usually have great service. Alot better than Asus as of late.

I'm not sure if it has something like that on the board. I've got this mobo from newegg. it didn't really say anything about a switch. or maybe i'm just blind lol. but i can double check to make sure.

The GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 (ver 3.0) Does have Dual Bis and does NOT have any buttons. This board uses the UEFI bios. As I posted above to change the values use the PG UP and PG DN keys.

The GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 (ver 3.0) Does have Dual Bis and does NOT have any buttons. This board uses the UEFI bios. As I posted above to change the values use the PG UP and PG DN keys.

i tried the PU,PD and it worked! it was right in front of me the whole time, even the side menu was showing it lol. on top of that i haven't fried anything yet!

i don't know how far the fx 6100 can go as far as voltage but to be safe i'm just going to set it to 3.90MHz max for now.

Thanks Kyfire!

Back