• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking with multiple hards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IRONMAN

Registered
Can anybody tell me why I can not overclock a machine that has 5 hard drives, they are NTFS. When the machine is at 133fbs it works fine, but when I increase the fbs it will no longer access the internet.

Iwill Xp 333R
1800+
Too many hard drives:)

IRONMAN said:
Can anybody tell me why I can not overclock a machine that has 5 hard drives, they are NTFS. When the machine is at 133fbs it works fine, but when I increase the fbs it will no longer access the internet.
Could be that your PSU is maxed out with all HDD's. Also it only takes one piece of hardware to cause your system not to be overclockable. Your most likely to get the best overclock with the least amount of hardware. another thing to point out is maybe your NIC card or modem do not respond well to to high a FSB (seeing you mentioned you are having trouble accessing the internet)....More info would help

Last edited:
Iwill XP 333R v 2.1
1800+
3 western 80gb ATA 7200
1 " " 30gb ATA100 7200
1 Maxtor 40gb ATA100 7200
SBL Platinum W/ live drive ir
400 watt supply
Plextor 24X10X40
Pioneer DVD
XP Pro
The NIC is what came with Road Runner Cable install
Nvidia GeForce2 Ultra

Is there any other information that would be helpful?

If your CPU is unlocked the first thing I would do would be lower my multiplier and try and raise my FSB to see if the problem is with your hardware not likeing the high FSB.. I had trouble getting a higher FSB with my 1800 untill I raised the vio. If you still can't get your FSB above 133 I would then take all my hardware out and add them one by one raising your FSB in between each one to possibly find your culprit.

Back