• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SSH Tunneling Services

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Leegit

I am currently living in Germany and connecting to the US servers so I can game with my friends back home. I have around 200ms+ and want to get a six month subscription to Smoothping or something like it to tide me over till I get back to the States.

Anyone have experience with these services, like Smoothping? I've seen some drastic results. If I could just get another 50-75ms I would be a happy camper :clap:

Last edited:
I don't know what your budget is, but a VPN is usually faster than proxy/tunneling. Security is much better on VPN as well. I personally use VyprVPN and haven't had an issue since signing up. They offer a free week to at least try it. Speed and more important latency, are on par with my ISP as well, with a little lost due to all the overhead.

K. Thanks for the feedback. I'm assuming you primarily use the VPN for security? Once I move back, I think I'll get one anyway for just that reason. Have you tried any other VPN services?

I have tried Hidemyass vpn, but managed to get a better deal with Vypr. They are all more or less $10/month for a decent one. I have been on this one for over a year now, but I am happy. Prior to that, I would use free services, but its hard to find a consistent one with fast enough speed and latency. MY primary use is for logging into my servers when I am away from home, but it is also good for ISP throttling.

K thanks for the info. I'm familiar with their anon search service. Helps me get around things in Germany. I'll check it out.

Edit: What free services do you mean? Like Tor?

By services, I meant other VPN providers that are free. Tor from my understanding is a little bit different, where your data gets bounced around nodes before coming out of the exit node. VPN on the other hand is usually a single point between you and the destination. I would not be the first to ask on this though.

Right. You can however customize Tor to limit the number of bounces. Which VPNs have you found that are free? Last I looked, I couldn't find any.

Here is a good webside if you want to find a VPN provider
it does not matter n which country you stay they are working everywhere
just check it out

www.anywhere.fm

Last edited:
Back