• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS ROG RAMPAGE IV EXTREME & RED CPU LED

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IsakLindholm

Hi, i just bought a new set of parts for a computer and was building everything together and as soon as i klick the power button the computer makes no beeps, only a red cpu led lights up and stays on and the numbers 00 are shown on the mobo, the cpu fans and chassi fans also start but no post (or anything) is showing up on the screen, is my MOBO or my CPU DOA or is there some issue with my RAM?

(do i need to worrie about spending more money if parts where DOA? i live in Sweden)

sorry for my horrible English

my system is:

Chassi:
Corsair Obsidian 650D (no problem fitting the eatx mobo)

MOBO:
ASUS ROG RAMPAGE IV EXTREME

graphics cards:
2x ASUS GeForce GTX 660 2GB DirectCU II

PSU:
1x Corsair PowerSupply (PSU) HX1050 1050W 80+ Gold

CPU:
Intel Core i7-3930K

CPU Cooler:
Corsair Hydro H100i

RAM:
Kingston HyperX Beast 32GB DDR3 PC-17000 2133MHz CL11 XMP (KHX21C11T3K4/32X) (4x8GB)

Drives:
1x OCZ Intern SSD/HDD RevoDrive Hybride
1x OCZ Intern SSD 120GB RevoDrive 3 PCI-E 4x

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried removing one ram at a time until none was in the MOBO.
I have tried every test outside the chassi on a non conductive surface (the mobo box)
I have tried without any pci-e ports taken only ram and cpu and even only the cpu
I have the 8 pin PSU connector and the 24 pin connector in
also tried the 4 pin ezplug and the 6pin ezplug connection

Please help me as best as you can, I,m really desperate:bang head

Last edited:
With only the CPU / HSF, both 24-pin and 8-pin power connectors, 1 x video card, and only 1 x DRAM module installed in the 1st DIMM slot, reset CMOS my removing the battery (no ODDs, HDDs, SSDs, or PCI / PCIe cards installed besides the GPU before resetting CMOS.)

Back