• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Controller Suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silent54

Registered
I currently have the Lamptron Touch 6 Channel fan controller. It's been great over the last 18ish months but lately it's been doing goofy things. Initially, I would power up my system an find a fan turned to 0% (no power). As of two days ago, I powered up and didn't notice that all my connected fans were at 0%. Good thing I have a great cooling loop or my cpu and gpus would have burnt up. I now have to manually power up each of the 6 fans after system is turned on. Thinking about getting a new one if customer service comes up with no relevant answers but wasn't sure if there others just as good.

I'm looking for a controller that will power at least 5 fans (5 on my two rads) to include thermal. Graphical interface of some type wouldn't be bad but I could pass on for the right controller. Needs to have some kind of alarm system, current one does. I've seen quite a few with bad reps and a few that look promising but seem to be just plain Jane. Thanks

Check out NZXT, the Sentry 2 and Sentry LX are both 5 channel and touch.

Just my .02 but thermal management should already be handled via the monitoring software you're already using. This is, of course, only my personal preference and what I like is probably different than what you like.

That said, I have had great experiences with the Akasa FC.6 Fan Controller. (other than the retina-burning blue LEDs, that is)

I have both of these and haven't had any issues with them. I run 2 fans off of each channel no problem.

Back