• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elu

I'm brand new here, I've googled around and haven't found much, but I'm looking for help on overclocking my PC, or at least finding out what I can get out of what I have currently.

Not experienced with any of this stuff, so any help is greatly appreciated.

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 925
PSU: Logisys 480w
Mobo: Gigabyte M68MT-S2
Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 7025
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Basically I'm looking to do anything at all possible to get more fps out of what I'm running currently, as I get a lot of lag spikes during any games I play when the action gets heavy.

Again, any help is appreciated and if you need more info just let me know.

Hi mate welcome OCF

You have not got the best board to be overclocking with and it will be the weak link in your efforts to achieve a good overclock, that's not to say that you can't overclock with it, but I would advise you not to push it too much ;).

There is a guide on the forum which will give you a heads up on the terminology and settings in your bios that you need to focus on, once you have read it and achieved what you believe to be a start in your overclock then post you're settings on here using CPUz CPU tab,spd tab and memory tab (this is a free prog you will need to download) , we will help you get what you can but you will need to understand the basics first, that's why I have gave you the link to the thread for you to read and attempt to start your overclock yourself.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596023&highlight=Dolks+guide

Elu, in addition to what keny mentioned, just a heads up, you may want to replace that power supply if overclocking. I wouldn't trust my parts to that PSU.

Back