• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone else think urban terror sux?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cjlax5

pretty much what the title says, i hoped it would be good and like counter-strike (which maybe it is but then counter strike sux too). The gameplay is bad, the charactors dont move well, i dont like the weapons, but maybe its cause i only could stand about 5 mins of it.

What r u comparing it too...I like it and since it is a mod that someone made and we play it for free, id say it is pretty darn good. I dont play it as much anymore as it is getting old for me...but as far as mods go...it is good. Maybe you should go back to half life and it's ancient game engine....and then see how good Q3UT looks!!!

oh ya..maybe if you get a new video card and up the settings than you will see how nice some of these games can be...you cant walk into a art gallery and complain about MONET when your forgot your glasses at home!!!
Also get the very latest beta for Q3 UT...and lastly if you dont like the gameplay in CS why on earth are you playing Q3UT?!?!? Go back to your nintendo or RTS game or whatever..LOL:p

cjlax5 said:
pretty much what the title says, i hoped it would be good and like counter-strike (which maybe it is but then counter strike sux too). The gameplay is bad, the charactors dont move well, i dont like the weapons, but maybe its cause i only could stand about 5 mins of it.

Exactly why i play Rocket Arena 3 instead.

Re: Re: Re: anyone else think urban terror sux?

Zuck Gou :) said:

Good call, nothing out there can compare with RA3.

Whats your name when you play? and on what server do you play most? Look for eXtraktor thats me.

I personally enjoy it very much. Some people just don't like the realistic gameplay (e.g. bandaging, a few shots kill, accuracy gets lower when going full auto). I liked Counter-Strike alot, but I prefer Urban Terror because it's even more realistic.

The animations aren't very good (although I think that they're fine) because excessive animations lags up a server full of people.

Overall I think that it's very well done.

-DarkArctic

Usually the Powersurfr servers, my name is Aclevername, get it ? :)

I haven't had a lot of time to play in the last month, so seeing me is a rare occurance nowadays. I'm hoping to free up some time for it.

Oh and if your looking for cool, realistic Quake3 mods, check out Navy Seals, it was just released, and is alot better than Urban Terror IMO. Although my opinion may not matter much considering I dont like realistic games much.

Back