• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI not working with certain games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shoolie22

Registered
I have two gtx 580's and with certain games, like Farcry 3 Blood dragon, the 2nd gpu does not heat up and the gpu usage stays low like at 10%. But with games like borderlands 2 or maxpayne 3 it works perfectly with both gpus working at max.

Anyone else that has had these issues and has been able to find out why this happens? It irritates me that I can't get a solid 60fps on farcry because it chooses to just use one gpu :(

Farcry 3 Blood Dragon is a pretty new game - has nVidia implemented driver support for SLI in that game yet?

I don't think there has been a recent driver release since the game launched so I wouldn't be surprised to learn that SLI is not enabled for that game yet.

Farcry 3 Blood Dragon is a pretty new game - has nVidia implemented driver support for SLI in that game yet?

I don't think there has been a recent driver release since the game launched so I wouldn't be surprised to learn that SLI is not enabled for that game yet.
exactly. One if the problems with multigpu setups.

That might be it, but it's weird because the original farcry 3 is using both cards at 98% usage :(

I haven't tried Blood dragon but FarCry 3 like you said schoolie use both GPU's I wouldn't think the expansion would be that different One would assume the underlying game to be the same with just more scenes. It will realyy work those cards though eh schoolie?
You could always try a different driver. I've been usiing the 314.21 betas since they came out, never wanted to update cause these work really well. The 320 betas are supposed to support that title

Did you try the 320's just wondered if they work??

The 320's worked! 90fps on ultra :D
The drivers added a sli profile for the game, appreciate the help!

Back