• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-970-UD3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Honestly there are really better boards. Maybe not at that price.

This user bought a new 970 UD3 Verion 3.0 and this link goes to where he listed all the problems he is having with the newer REV 3.0. Seems like REV 3.0 is not nearly as good as the REV 1.1 versions of that mobo.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7470536&postcount=27

Now he does have an FX processor in his REV 3.0 of the UD3 but in the AMD cpu forum section we are beginning to see users with 4 core deneb processors having issues with REV 3.0. Seems they took a fair board and made it worse. Locking yourself into the $100 Usd mobo keeps you from realizing a really good AMD mobo.
RGone...

Ok thanks for the input. Can anyone send me in the direction of a decent motherboard that will partner up ok with a 965be?

In addition I have had a lot of success with my 955be and this board I had it up to 4.3 stable 2 hours prime and 4.6 benching. I was also able to run my Fx 8350 on it with a mild overclock of 4.4. The power phase section wasn't robust enough to get the 8350 stable above those clocks. It would run as high as 4.9 but it wasn't stable.

Back