• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED CM-V8 w/ ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aTotallynewGuy

Registered
Hey all. Just became a new member here like a couple of seconds ago to ask a question. I wasn't sure in what category to create this thread but here it is, heheh. Anyway. I'm thinking about upgrading my system and I wonder about two things.

1. Does the Cooler Master V8 fit on an ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 motherboard?

2. Will these RAM's ---> Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Elite clear the the Cooler Master V8 or will there be an insufficient amount of space?

Thanks for answers and sorry if I completely failed with something. :facepalm:

:popcorn:

If that cpu cooler can mount where it blows out the rear of the case it should fit fine. That ram with tall heat spreaders are likely to be a problem no matter which way the cooler mounts to blow air.
RGone...

He should be fine even with an extra fan. That cooler allows quite a bit of room for the ram and if you only run 2 sticks you startin the second ram slot on that MOBO. But instead of the crucial you could get some Gskill ares that RGone is fond of they're a lower profile and work pretty well in the AMD boards.

Gskill "ares" that RGone is fond of they're a lower profile = You got that right man. That stuff in the DDR1600, DDR1866 and the later DDR2133 kit I bought in 2x4Gig are just fine as good wine.
RGone...

Back