• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are these temps ok for a long term use 24/7 (gaming mostly)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

william_90

Registered
LL

the pic is taken immediately after 3/4 hours playing AC3 at highest setting
I donno what TMPIN0 and TMPIN2 are but TMPIN1 is the heatsinks mounted on MB, Im certain of that
I overclocked it slightly to 4.2 from 4.0

my room's temp is hell's fire pit, its almost the max heat the rig can experience from ambient

CPU = 1.45v
CPU-NB = 1.2v
DRAM = 1.6v
990FXA-GD65
AMD 8350
7970 Sapphire
750w PSU Overclock Edition
2x4 RAM 8gig Geil Evo Veloce 1600
Z600 hyper cooler (with two cougar)
SSD Force GC

The CPU socket temp (probably TMPIN1) is a little hotter than we normally like to see. We usually tell folks to limit that one to 70c but hey, those are ball park figures. Do you have a hole in the motherboard tray under the socket area that you could set a small fan to blow on to get that down a little? If not, it's probably going to be okay. Package temps are great!

Taking a pic immediatly after is no good mate try using logs record the temps during the game and then post.

Not necessary mate. HWMonitor records min, max and current temps. If the max temp of was reached 30 minutes into a one hour stress test for instance it would still show even after the stress test was stopped as long as he doesn't close the program before doing the image capture.

Well I reread your first post, William where you say your are sure TMPIN1 is one of the motherboard heatsink temps and if I'm wrong about TMPIN1 being the socket temp then I would say your temps are in good shape. If the 72c max is another motherboard temp then that's probably okay.

thanks guys, yeah the HWMonitor were ON all the time in background, i just quickly ALT+TABed and PrintScreened

my top concern is this 7970, the damn price of it really raise concern when the temp is around 69c and is going to be for many hours a day,
wont it reduce its lifetime?
+its not overclocked

69c under load is not that high for a GPU I don't think. They can take more heat than a CPU can.

Yeah you're fine william nice to see you finally got that D**n MSI board to a point where you can play. Most GPU's max is in the high 90's. If you're at 69 you've got lots of headroom.

Not necessary mate. HWMonitor records min, max and current temps. If the max temp of was reached 30 minutes into a one hour stress test for instance it would still show even after the stress test was stopped as long as he doesn't close the program before doing the image capture.

Yes.Trents is right on point here.I use HWMonitor to keep an eye on NB temps.Not that other temps are less important :p

I have the suspicion that more air in and out of the system case could bring dramatic results. Otherwise what is shown texted into the graphic below is what things seem to be.
RGone...

MSI 990FX.jpg

Back