• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock X79 Extreme9 High Voltage regulator temperatures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KrK

Anyone else have a ASRock X79 Extreme 9 to confirm this?

Voltage regulator 1 is sitting at 75c, and VR 2 at a more acceptable 26c....

I was wondering if I have a bad heatsink attachment, or if this is normal.

It all began because my board is throttling my CPU under load and I believe it's the VRM protection that is responsible. :/

Attachments

• VoltageRegulator.jpg
    VoltageRegulator.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 119
Yeah... it has a large heatsink, even heat pipe.... what I am wondering however is if I have a flaky board, a badly mounted heatsink, or, if this is actually the normal temperature of the Extreme9's Voltage Regulator. I can't find anything anywhere online about it, just the reviews on what a good board it is for overclocking. Seems counter productive to have a good stable O/C, good temperatures, but being throttled down to lower performance when you need your CPU due to either a defect or maybe a bad design.

Without information, I can't tell. Board's new and I'm not quite ready to start ripping it apart and disassembling it. I'd rather find out if it's a problem or not, whether it needs RMA or not. Can hope, anyway.

Back