• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS Announces Z87 Motherboard Lineup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice writeup. But you're missing the most important board! The Z87-I Deluxe! ITX ftw! :p. (It's the board I'm probably moving to when I move into ITX world). I'm excited =D

Oof, that first board looks like that Ecs golden board, bleh!

Rumors, in the haswell rumor thread site this thing coming out next month sometime. Ivybridge e isn't until later this year is another rumor. I'd venture to guess since we are seeing haswell boards leaked from all mtg, haswell will beat IB-e to market...? Only time will tell.

MVIE: "More astute readers will notice something different about this one from its predecessors."

The only thing that I've noticed so far when compared to the MIVE and MVE is that this new board appears to no longer be using the E-ATX format?

The MVI Hero seems to be missing on-board voltage read out points?? This should be a design standard requirement for all ROG boards.

MVIE: "More astute readers will notice something different about this one from its predecessors."

The only thing that I've noticed so far when compared to the MIVE and MVE is that this new board appears to no longer be using the E-ATX format?
Precicely. :thup:

The MVI Hero seems to be missing on-board voltage read out points?? This should be a design standard requirement for all ROG boards.
The MVIE is also missing the plug-in voltage read points in addition to the ones you touch with your probes. That's ok though, because the OC Panel mentioned in their blurb is pretty awesome. :thup:

It's been like that for a while now IIRC. Couldn't tell you why it's there though. If you're not heavily overclocking on extreme cooling though, it's pretty useless anyway.

It's been like that for a while now IIRC. Couldn't tell you why it's there though. If you're not heavily overclocking on extreme cooling though, it's pretty useless anyway.
some boards, like the EVGA ftw, require the extra power for SLI to work. The asrock, its optional.

I noticed the power delivery setup looks a tad different on the MVIE as well. Those are not the same chokes they typically use. Might be a pain for insulation. :(

they Look very nice (just ROGs) and others...the Color... :D

you want to be a Hero? Buy a Maximus VI Hero :))

I don't really see the point in making the VI Extreme ATX, most people who use it have a monster case for watercooling anyways.

I think that if they need to take features off to shrink the form factor, then it wasn't necessary. But if they still fit all the features they wanted onto the board while fitting it into ATX, it should save the consumer money in the long run, and might have a small effect on memory performance due to the shorter traces. :shrug:

I don't really see the point in making the VI Extreme ATX, most people who use it have a monster case for watercooling anyways.
meh, that board isn't made for cases (imo). In my mind most that should buy the board put it on a benching station and treat it proper. If you only need a civic, doesn't make sense to buy a skyline and treat it like a civic. ;)

meh, that board isn't made for cases. In my mind most that should buy the board put it on a benching station and treat it proper. If you only need a civic, doesn't make sense to buy a skyline. ;)

Agreed. Though it's impossible to sway some people I've helped builds with away from super expensive rog boards because they just wanted them. No reason. Just wanted them. And I'm like... For a third of the price you can get the same features and performance that you could ever need under air or even water.. But nope. Impossibible Lol.

I myself am a culprit. I got the gene V. When the p8Z77 m pro would've been fine at the time. But running m atx I figured I'd get the best I could, and I liked the idea of the mcie and msata add on card. Which I of course never use. If I could buy again I'd get the cheaper m pro hands down. Though my next build is itx and there's only so many boards for that anyway..

Back