• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom X3 8450

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

greyclear@gmail

Registered
Old desktop that needs a motherboard and it seems AM2+ boards are a thing of the past. Where can I find a board for it?

Old desktop that needs a motherboard and it seems AM2+ boards are a thing of the past. Where can I find a board for it?

I did a little g00gle searching for AM2+ socket motherboard which uses DDR2 ram. Just about every board available thru what I call normal channels has an Nvidia chipset to support the cpu. I much prefer the AMD 7xx chipset for those boards.

I did go to ebay and type in AM2+ motherboard and there are a few AM2+ motherboards available on ebay that are using the AMD 7xx chipset. You would just have to pick the ones that seem to have the features you want.

If one were to go for the Nvidia chipset and not stick to the AMD 7xx chipset like I personally prefer, there are quite a few older AM2+ motherboards for sale still today. Some not so cheap since they want money for something they have held onto this long.
RGone...

Im not picky about chipsets on this one since it is just a backup computer for nothing but average use. I have a separate video card for it as a matter of fact.

The cheapest AM2+ boards I found were still on ebay. I just typed in AM2+ motherboards and up came a list.
RGone...

Back