• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions on my new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jorockstar84

I'm back after several months (completed my first build, that's why ^^) and now i did a AMD build, just to check if i'm able to make a correct build even in AMD.

My previous build was (Thanks a lot to you guys who helped me out and a special thank to Knufire):

Case: Cooler Master HAF X Full tower
CPU: i7 3770-K not OC
MB: MSI Z77A-GD65
Graphic Card: Gigabyte nVidia GTX 660 Ti 3GB
HDD: WD 1TB
SSD: G.SKILL 120GB
RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600
PSU: Cooler Master GX 750W

And now my AMD build:

Case: Rosewill BLACKHAWK Gaming ATX Mid Tower
CPU: AMD FX Vishera 4.0GHz AM3+ Eight-Core
MB: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 (http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168191132841)
Graphic Card: 2x ASUS Radeon HD 7770 Ghz Edition 2GB 128-bit (in crossfireX)
HDD: WD 1TB
SDD: Crucial M4 256GB
RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866
PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III Series 750W

This build would be for a Hardcore gamer probably running on one to three screens in 1920x1080 and i did this one to fit in the same price range of my first one.
So, my questions are:

-Is there any problem in my build?
-Should i change some parts for another manufacturer or less/more powerful?

Looks fine except for the crossfire: much better to get a mid/high end card than 2 low/mid end cards.

you could get a 7870 for the price of 2 7770's.

But neither of those options will allow you to play with a nic level of eye candies on 3 monitors.

Edit: don't know about the PSU quality...

PCP&C are usually a quality PSU across the the lineup... should be good.

If you are running 3x monitors eventually, you will want the 7950 and its 384bit bus and 3GB vRAM (2 of those really).

Yep... or one to start and when you get your 2/3rd monitors, assuming shortly, get a 2nd 7950, yup.

2 things I see where you could save money. 1st the ram you don't really see a drfrence from 1600 and up also 8gb is plenty for gamming. 2nd 750w psu wont really use that much will you(this part not so sure)? any way the rest looks fine and what they^ said. And a quetion why are you doing another build?

Back