• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram not being recognized proper

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rigit

In bios it has my ram mult. is set to 1333Mhz when I'm using 1600Mhz ram. Why would it do this? I can change it of course but I've not done it yet. Just curious about the reason for this. Also this cpu and bios are new to me. I have settings i have no idea about. Like what is CBP ration? Should I mess with it for overclocking? I don't even know the stock voltage for this CPU. (in sig) much less how far can I push it. I've read that these CPU's overclock easily and a lot farther than others. I'll try manually setting the ram and see what happens.

It does it for compatibility reasons.

In my signature is a guide to overclocking Bulldozer... check that out until the AMD guru's come in and help out. :)

I'd say that your ram probably defaults to 1333 either because of the board bios or that is actually the default speed of the ram. I use 2133 but installed it sets to 1600 that is the native ram speed. They've just loosened the timings and increased the voltage to run at 2133. I'm fairly certain that the CBP is core boost aka turbo. If you're goin to OC the CPU it should be disabled.
And yes the UEFI BIOS can be a bit confusing when you first start to use it but at least for me I prefer it over the old school.
EDIT: If you need a hand setting the ram just put up a pic of CPU-z spd and memory tabs.

Back