• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

first time building(well its been a while)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaron6817

hi new guy here, haven't built a pc in over 10 years.
I decide to build a new Budget Pc mainly for multi media.
These are the components i have decided on.
SeaSonic G Series SSR-550RM-psu
Kingston HyperX 3K 120 GB SATA III 2.5-Inch 6.0 Gb/s Solid State Drive [/COLOR]
8GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz Ripjaw Series (9-9-9-24) Dual Channel ram
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz LGA 1155 Processor
Coolermaster HAF 912 Case

I will use integrated graphics as they suite me just fine.

Last edited:
All of that looks perfect to me, that choice of PSU is excellent, as well as SSD, processor...

If you dont plan on ever overclocking, get a non K CPU to save $20, and you can get a B75 based board as well.

I assume you arent storing your movies and music on what you listed as you will run out of space really quick without a large HDD.

I may over clock just a little i just want that option to be able to.
I will add 1 or 2 additional HDD in the future.

That's a super overkill CPU for a multimedia machine.

Look at the AMD APUs, this is exactly what they're designed to do. They have the best integrated graphics out of any modern CPU out.

Thanks i'll stick with intel,i don't want AMD.(not saying there bad its just preference)I haven't treated myself to a new pc in i while so this couple bucks won't set me back any. 2 days of over time and i'm good.

You sure you don't want the AMD?
6cde6063af1c580a69195eb3bc47163b

lol nice one, I just haven't found one that i liked. Plus i all ready purchased the 8GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz Ripjaw Series (9-9-9-24) Dual Channel ram. I was told AMD need faster ram.

APU's use the system RAM for VRAM, and the faster the RAM is the better the APU performs, basically is how I understand it.

1600MHz RAM performs just fine on an AMD APU. That's what my roommate is using for gaming.

Edit: He's running XFire with the iGPU and an HD 6770

Last edited:
I have to hand it to AMD that's where they really beat intel, the OP should've had an APU...

I am by no means an AMD fan, either.

Back