• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have my dedicated physX card in a x16 slot ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RainbowUnicorn

Registered
I have a 680 superclocked and my 560ti is a dedicated phyX card but my board has two x16 slots and two other x8/x4 slots So i recently had my 650 as a dedicated physX card but it was in a x8 slot now I put my 560ti in a the empty x16 slot and removed the 650 now I noticed my frames lower can the 560ti be the problem ? Should I move it to a x8 instead ? I used to get nice stable 300-450 FPS in league now it dips. My board is a Rampage IV extreme. I know the 560ti is overkill for physX but I don't have the 650 anymore .

Even an x4 slot is fine for a PhysX card. Something else is the issue. A process is running in the background ?

You could try to uninstall NV drivers and reinstall clean driver. ( 320.x just came out ).

This configuration may have an impact depending on what Physx your running.

Standard physx particles will Barely utilize all that video card, maybe using up to 5% or so in most games. Your 680 will have little frame rate loss running this type of physx.

Now if you play Hawken, a game that utilizes NVidia APEX Physx, you may want that card in a 16x slot to get the most performance from it. You'll find activating APEX destruction physx in hawken to tax the gpu anywhere from 50%-100% utilization of the core and you'll enjoy some pretty awesome eye candies.

There are only a few games that use Nvidia APEX Destruction Physx. So really you could put the card where ever you want and never notice a difference.

A little about APEX Physx Destruction ____> https://developer.nvidia.com/apex-destruction

I will greatly disagree with the need of an X16 slot. The physX card mostly do calculation and not the frame rendering. Pushing the frame is what really need alot of bandwith.

Back