• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-8350 Does these setting looks right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mr305

Registered
Hey everyone i like how my rig is running now so choose to do a little OC to my CPU i just want to make sure every setting is correct . Here is 2 screenshot of my setting if am missing anything please let me know

130526113333_zps8c5a38e1.png
[/URL][/IMG]
130526113353_zpsb32b0db9.png
[/URL][/IMG]

If it's stable and you're happy with the performance it looks fine. If you want to perk it up a bit you can do that too there are areas for improvement.

Stress test it with 20 minutes of Prime95 blend test and see if it is at least tentatively stable and when you do that monitor the Package and CPUTIN temps with HWMonitor open at the same time. Your CPU voltage may not be quite high enough to allow it to be stable at that speed.

If it's stable and you're happy with the performance it looks fine. If you want to perk it up a bit you can do that too there are areas for improvement.

Hey how are you :) Yes is running perfect i OC to 4.6 to get a little more FPS in Flight Simulator X because everyone knows FSX uses more CPU than GPU. If the CPU isn't stable i would crash right away. So far i tested today no crash no nothing. In the past when OC with my old rig if the OC wasn't stable with voltage fsx an the PC will just crash an give me a BSOD . But now it is amazing one thing i notice is that when target a certain speed the CPU Manual Voltage it kind of tells me how much voltage i would need. I don't know if it is just me or i am seeing things . But so far when i raise the voltage a little higher my PC seem to run faster. My concern is now should i leave CPU /NB Frequency on AUTO also the HT LINK SPEED?

Stress test it with 20 minutes of Prime95 blend test and see if it is at least tentatively stable and when you do that monitor the Package and CPUTIN temps with HWMonitor open at the same time. Your CPU voltage may not be quite high enough to allow it to be stable at that speed.

How much voltage would you suggest ? Thanks for the reply :)

As much as it takes to keep it stable. Stress test first to see if you need any more voltage. If you get a blue screen, restart, lock-up or one or more of the Prime95 core workers drops out then you need more CPU volts. But first we need to test and monitor temps. Are you using the stock cooler? What Ausus motherboard model are you using? We also need to kow more about your hardware.

Mr 305 I'd suggest you read this thoroughly before we venture into the NB and HT.

As much as it takes to keep it stable. Stress test first to see if you need any more voltage. If you get a blue screen, restart, lock-up or one or more of the Prime95 core workers drops out then you need more CPU volts. But first we need to test and monitor temps. Are you using the stock cooler? What Ausus motherboard model are you using? We also need to kow more about your hardware.

Am using SabertoothR2.0 990FX - Cooler Antec Kuhler H2O 920 Liquid PSU- 750W Corsair Gold Plus HX

Mr 305 I'd suggest you read this thoroughly before we venture into the NB and HT.

Thanks so is best to leave it at Auto . I mean am not having any problems with it at auto just wondering if it will make a difference in performance by manually setting the CPU/NB Frequency.

Like I said read the link. This is and OC forum so yes there's more performance to be had. This is going to take some work on your part. First put up a signature like you see at the bottom of my post. Give as much detail as possible about your machine, including your case, PSU etc. I have a pretty good idea of what you're running but others don't. We help alot of people so having your signature is very useful. If we want to know something we don't have to scrool back to see what you have cause it's there with every post.
Then read that link and get familiar with the different parts of your BIOS. You're gonna need this if you're serious abbout making that machine dance.
EDIT: Like I said earlier if you're happy with it then auto is fine.

Mr305, good overclocking requires patience and experimentation. Every system is different and it really doesn't work well if you just plug and play somebody else's settings.

Mr305, good overclocking requires patience and experimentation. Every system is different and it really doesn't work well if you just plug and play somebody else's settings.

I understand that is why i ask what is best an try to learn from those who are experience enough in the overclocking world like you guys :) . Thanks for taking the time in helping me.

Like I said read the link. This is and OC forum so yes there's more performance to be had. This is going to take some work on your part. First put up a signature like you see at the bottom of my post. Give as much detail as possible about your machine, including your case, PSU etc. I have a pretty good idea of what you're running but others don't. We help alot of people so having your signature is very useful. If we want to know something we don't have to scrool back to see what you have cause it's there with every post.
Then read that link and get familiar with the different parts of your BIOS. You're gonna need this if you're serious abbout making that machine dance.
EDIT: Like I said earlier if you're happy with it then auto is fine.

Thanks Bro i did what you ask an listed my spec below it looks a bit like yours. I really should have not purchase that SSD an really look into a new GPU but it is find i like the MSI 560 TI TWIN FROZR :)

Thanks Bro i did what you ask an listed my spec below it looks a bit like yours. I really should have not purchase that SSD an really look into a new GPU but it is find i like the MSI 560 TI TWIN FROZR :)
Yeah you could have bought 2 GTX Titans and still had change! Either way, do like Trents asked and run Prime95, check for stability. While prime is running open up HWMonitor (free version) and take a snip of it and post it along with snips of CPU-Z main,spd and memory tabs.
This will give us a good idea of what's going on under the hood. :salute:

Yeah you could have bought 2 GTX Titans and still had change! Either way, do like Trents asked and run Prime95, check for stability. While prime is running open up HWMonitor (free version) and take a snip of it and post it along with snips of CPU-Z main,spd and memory tabs.
This will give us a good idea of what's going on under the hood. :salute:

Thanks I will try this when i get home an report back . I guest my future upgrade will be a new GTX card maybe in 3 months :)

Back