• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hybrid Physx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Razaroth

Registered
I have a new 7970 in the mail, should be arriving in the next couple of days to replace my Gtx 465 (I will be using the single 7970 for 3 monitor eyefinity).

While I'm waiting for money to crossfire, I noticed a couple of my favorite games (Batman, Borderlands 2, Planetside 2) all have physx available. However, I haven't found a relevant link/guide on the topic released in the last ~1-2 years.

My question is, are these guides still usable? Is there one well known one to follow? I'm assuming hybrid physx wasn't killed off, but my worry is due to some of the how to's I've read being radically different from one another.

Thanks in advance.

What sort of guide are you looking for? As long as the card is set up in the nVidia CP as the dedicated PhysX processor, and PhysX hardware acceleration is enabled in each games config. panel, you should be good to go.

Last I read up on it, you had to use an older driver, 12.8 if I recall correctly. It's pretty nice on Borderlands 2; not sure on the other titles.

Back