• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help - TMPIN1 - or others

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spliffie

Hi All,

Sorry to be a real pain,

Through much googling etc... i still can not find a true meaning of "my" TMPIN1 or other peoples. i know this temp reading is motherboard dependent as-well as the program you use to read the temps, eg HWmonitor or speed-fan. Most of what i have read this is the NB on my rig?

My motherboard is in my sig, and TEMPIN1 is the only reading i have in-terms of TMPIN's see pic attached. I know AMD's safe limits ( i think :) and i like to keep things way down below 55'c, so here are a few questions:

here are my current volt settings most on auto except the following,

Bios:

CPU VDD - 1.4500v
CPU v - 1.450v
NB VDD - 1.25v
NB v -1.25v

DRAM - 1.645v

Current temp just at idle and chrome open, these are the temps..
Why TMPIN1 so high?

Also Both HWmon and Speedfan, even CPUz read vcore up-to 1.480v? Freaks me out....

Last night TMPIN1 was over 56'c...

how do i cool it down?
or is this OK?

Could some one help clarify...

Regards

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 428
TMPIN isn't that high, it's probably the NB or the VRMs. Get a RAM cooler so that some air gets into that area and you'll be good to go.

1.48v sounds OK if your set voltage is 1.45v. That has to do with LLC probably.

Ok cool, Does that mean i can safely up vcore to 1.47 in bios to achieve better oc's...
even though the programs will read 1.5xx probably?

Also what is a average safe temp for NB or VRMs?

maybe it is the VRM, i do have cool and quiet with ce1 enabled with my OC. my be the changing in power the whole time is heating them up...?

Max temps are 70 on the cpu and 60 on the core.

For now until you get the the "system" stable again I'd drop the timing on the ram to 10-11-10-30 you can always tighten it up later when you have the CPU stable. Use HWMonitor (free version) it'll show your volt and temps. I see you have another post on this. This is copied from the other post.

The way you're listing the voltage is confusing. The CPU VDDA shouldn't be that high, "if" that's what I think it is. Usuallt 1.26v
And are you adjusting the NB voltage or the NB_CPU they're twp different things

I currently have a stabe OC with the following:

CPU- 200x21 = 4.2gHz all 6 cores
NB - 2800mHz
HTlink- 2200mHz

Ram @ 1:4 = 1600mHz
Ram timing = 9-9-9-27 as per mem spec @ 1600

Like I said earlier I'd drop that CPU VDDA voltage down to 1.3 anyway. And turn off the Cool n quiet C1e all the green stuf in ther. this will give you control and help with stability. Also make sure that windows is in performance mode right now.

I currently have a stabe OC with the following:

CPU- 200x21 = 4.2gHz all 6 cores
NB - 2800mHz
HTlink- 2200mHz

Ram @ 1:4 = 1600mHz
Ram timing = 9-9-9-27 as per mem spec @ 1600

My Pc is 100% Stable at the above quoted text.
Just TMPIN1 is getting up to 56'c while jamming and it freaks me out.
Windows is in performance mode.
and memory is currently at 1600... just want better timings,

My Pc is 100% Stable at the above quoted text.
Just TMPIN1 is getting up to 56'c while jamming and it freaks me out.
Windows is in performance mode.
and memory is currently at 1600... just want better timings,

I understand that it's stable. Your query was on temps and that's what I'm trying to help you with. The CPUVDD doesn't need to be that high. Also having the others turned off will help us dial in the best voltages for you and your system.

One more thing. If you have this moved to the AMD CPU forum you'll probably get more help. Just click on the exclamation mark and in the text box ask a moderator to move it.

Just TMPIN1 is getting up to 56'c while jamming and it freaks me out. = I think you need to get over the "freak" or add some additional airflow to the VRM and the Northbridge area. Now with it being an MSI board, there have not been enough of that brand floating around to get a real look into all the temps from dealing with some really knowledgable users over an extended period of time. Unlikely there will be either. Most buy the MSI for price and not by reputation as an awesome AMD overclocking motherboard.

My guess it is the northbridge temp and at 56c my "freak" would be well in check. Now 70c might begin my move into 'freak' mode but not 56c.
RGone...

Back