• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

forget 1440 get 2160p!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
32" is a bad size. It's too big to sit right in front of at a desk, and it's too small (especially at that resolution) to sit several feet away from on a couch.

I'd take one of these in an instant. I like leaning back in my chair while reading text, so this would be perfect. It would also be helpful if you are working on Photoshop or like working from multiple windows. (Windows 8 need not apply lol) I'm sure the price will be more killer than the monitor.

A worse version of 2160p.

Interlaced scans only show half the picture on the screen at a time with the second half popping up 1/60 of a second later, whereas progressive scans show the whole picture at once which reduces visual flickering.

I was being facetious.

Calling any monitor p is unnecessary and wrong for that matter. No such thing as interlaced in PC talk. Just me being annoyed about 1080p and 1440p. It's a hold over from tv that's irrelevant in this context.

I was being facetious.

Calling any monitor p is unnecessary and wrong for that matter. No such thing as interlaced in PC talk. Just me being annoyed about 1080p and 1440p. It's a hold over from tv that's irrelevant in this context.

I couldn't agree with you more. I'd rather call those things WQXGA or QHD than a vertical and the scan method.

I was being facetious.

Errr, there was interlacing back in the day on PC's. So yes its PC talk but its very old PC talk at that. Basically CRT and very early editions of LCD's had this to watch out for. Most LCD's now are progressive scan models, especially high end monitors.

If there's a decently priced one that is between 22 and 27 inches, i might think about it. 32 inches is an awkward size

Errr, there was interlacing back in the day on PC's. So yes its PC talk but its very old PC talk at that. Basically CRT and very early editions of LCD's had this to watch out for. Most LCD's now are progressive scan models, especially high end monitors.

Maybe cga, but nearly every single PC had and certainly today every one has progressive output.

CRT was still progressive. Don't confuse broadcast standards and how it was used with PC video displays.

Back