• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW BUILD NEED HELP! PLEASE :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gearsofwar123

Hi, im new to this forum btw i just want to find the best solution to my problem...

basically im building a gaming pc and these are the parts im getting:

AMD- FX 8350 8 core vishera

GTX 770 OC EDITION

800WATT PSU

8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE

MSI 990FXA-G65

ANTEC H20 KUHLER 920

120GB SSD

1TB HDD

I want to be able use 3 monitors at full 1080p and have good fps for
games like crysis 3 etc... would this be ok and how far do you think i can overclock my cpu with that cooler, i would be happy for postive and negative feedback as i can learn from my mistakes :) :attn::attn:

Hey, welcome to OCF! :beer:

When trying to recommend a build to you, there's some information that's extremely helpful for us to know. If you could answer these few short questions, we'd be happy to help!

• What are you planning to do with this compuer? Please be as specfic as possible.
  • What is your budget?
    1. Does this include a copy of Windows?
    2. Does this include peripheals (a keyboard, monitor, mouse, speakers, etc.)?
  • Are you from the United States or a different country? Are you ordering from your own country or from across borders?
    1. Wherever you may be from, does the store that you are planning to order from have a website? It's okay if it isn't in English, we can manage.
    2. If you are from the United States, do you live nearby a Microcenter?
  • Do you have any specific requests with the build?
    1. Do you plan on overclocking? If yes, do you have a specific goal in mind?
    2. Would you prefer the build to be particularly small?
    3. Would you prefer the build to be particularly quiet?
    4. In general, do you prefer this to be a computer that you can spend money on now and let it rest, or a box built for continuous upgrading?
    5. Do you ever plan on utilizing NVIDIA's SLI or AMD's CrossfireX technologies? These features, with a compatible motherboard, allow a user to link multiple identical graphic cards together for added performance. In real world terms, this lets you buy a second identical graphics card down the line as a relatively cheap and easy way to gain a fairly large boost in performance. However, this requires buying a SLI/CFX compatible motherboard and PSU now, which may result in slightly higher initial cost.

Once again, thank you in advance for taking the time to answer these, and I hope you enjoy your stay at OCF! :)

I'd go the intel route VS the FX chip. A 3570k is your best pick at gaming ( incoming 4670k will replace it ) with a ~150$ Z77 board ( or incoming Z87 ). An FX chip will pump well over 200w at 4.x ghz ++ and you will need the hell of a cooling to keep it running. A 3570k can be clocked at 4.5ghz without issue on a 150$ asrock Xtrem6 or similar.

now the PSU, 800w is overdoing it. Pick a good brand, know good 650w PSU and you will be fine for SLI 770 with a breeze.

Rest is fine.

What are you planning to do with this compuer?
Gaming, movies

What is your budget?
500-1000quid

Does this include a copy of Windows?
Yes - windows 7

Are you from the United States or a different country? Are you ordering from your own country or from across borders?
United Kingdom from my own country

Wherever you may be from, does the store that you are planning to order from have a website? It's okay if it isn't in English, we can manage.
Scan.co.uk

If you are from the United States, do you live nearby a Microcenter?
No

Do you have any specific requests with the build?
3 monitors maybe 3d vision too

Do you plan on overclocking? If yes, do you have a specific goal in mind?
Yes, 4.5ghz to 5ghz if possible

Would you prefer the build to be particularly small?
No

Would you prefer the build to be particularly quiet?
No

In general, do you prefer this to be a computer that you can spend money on now and let it rest, or a box built for continuous upgrading?
Continuous upgrading

Do you ever plan on utilizing NVIDIA's SLI or AMD's CrossfireX technologies?
Yes definitely, two gtx 770s or maybe upgrade to two 780s when price drops abit :)

Thanks

770s don't have enough vRAM for triple monitor unless you go for the 4GB version, btw. OCed 7970s is the way I would go for this (but you give up 3D vision).

If you want to play stuff like Crysis 3, on triple screen with 3D...I'd probably recommend 3 4GB 770s at that point. You need MAJOR GPU horsepower for that.

Also, Intel just announced a whole new line of CPUs today...I'd wait a couple days for those to hit the stores. Scan already has them, never mind.

+1 on this, to run these games maxed on surround, the 4gb version is a much better pick. Or even 2 780's instead of 3 770.

It's like 60 quid over, but this is what I would go with (and save up and get a second 7970...and overclock the snot out of the CPU and both GPUs).

2.PNG

Back